Max Cohen, DO My favorite thing about the program has to be the welcoming environment and the family-feel atmosphere. Our residents are always supported and never alone, as there is always a hospitalist, intensivist and ED attending in-house 24/7. ET (noon conference) and 1:00-1:30 ET (clinic conference) to get a glimpse of our daily education and resident life! Fun Fact:I spend a lot of time on Spotify Also, there's no such thing as "zebra" diagnoses at MFCH. Our fellows work directly with residents and provide a great source of education and learning in their specialty. Hands down, it was the interview day where I smiled the most and felt the most "at home." Through ERAS, please submit the following: For the 2023 ERAS cycle, our program will be collecting and reviewing data from applicants supplemental ERAS applications. In PL2 year our residents become senior residents and take on supervisory responsibilities for their PL1 colleagues, and also spend time exploring subspecialty interests and other individualized rotations. Westchester Medical Center is the flagship of the 10-hospital Westchester Medical Center Health Network (WMCHealth). Keanna Chang, MD Westchester medical center pediatric residency jobs I graduated from a seven-year combined BS/DO program. The seniors are always there to guide and assist, the interns help each other chug through the long days of work, and the faculty and administration go above and beyond to integrate our personal lives into our busy schedules. Hobbies:League of Legends, computer hardware I taught myself how to solve a Rubiks cube. MFCH provides a state-of-the-art environment for our clinical, educational, and research activities. Medical School: Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine Medical School:NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine There are no Pediatric Emergency Medicine (PEM) fellows, allowing residents to have high levels of autonomy in our high acuity ED. I love all things Disney, the Hamilton soundtrack, a good Target run, and asking to pet every dog I meet. St. George's University School of Medicine. Won an award for best Service Learning Project at my medical school for a Drowning Prevention Project with low income children. Hobbies:Hanging out with my family and friends, reading, hiking, watching Netflix The Pediatric Residency Program at Flushing Hospital is an intensive, three-year, ACGME accredited program committed to providing residents with a comprehensive learning experience. Still University School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona (SOMA) Hiking, traveling, biking, trying new cafes and restaurants, yoga, and learning to cook! ACGME program ID 4803521103 Copy. The rest of the year is divided between elective subspecialties and individual rotations. Scott Lallier, DO Urology New York Medical College At Westchester Medical Center Medical School:New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine Deepa Badrinath Murthy, MBBS Here, I had the opportunity to directly help victims and their families with safety planning and navigating the legal system. I biked across the country from the Washington coast to the Connecticut coast during the summer of 2019. At the moment I am learning about the beautiful and fascinating world of Children I meanHow Magnificent is that!! Also, who doesnt enjoy seeing a giant fish tank!? The people and the pathologies! I knew I could get an incredible education here, while also feeling supported. Everyone spoke so highly of the program and most importantly of each other. Pediatric Trauma, Cohen Children's Medical Center, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, Queens, NY. Dave Plaza, MD Favorite thing about the program/MFCH:My co-residents and seniors that always look out for one another. The Department of Dentistry at Montefiore Medical Center offers: High quality dental care. 3203521139 Albany Medical Center Pediatrics residency program Albany. Spend time with my husband and family, running, baking bread, learning different cooking techniques. Career Goals:At the moment I am learning about the beautiful and fascinating world of Children I meanHow Magnificent is that!! Hobbies:Playing and watching games like football and basketball. Pediatric Residency Program at Tufts Medical Center After signout, the on-call residents continue to manage the inpatient teams, attending to vital patient care, and taking on new patients/admissions from the ED throughout the night until signout at 7 a.m. the following morning. Medical School:Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine - Middletown Contact Us . 5 p.m. - 6 p.m.: Evening signout from co-residents to assume management of all the patients the residents designated inpatient teams. Hobbies:Reading, exercising, Netflix, traveling hanging out with friends Yoga, hiking, trying new restaurants, dancing, making playlists. New York City is directly south of Westchester County, and Grand Central Station can be reached from MFCH by a 30-minute drive or a 25-minute train ride. Each resident is required to participate in a scholarly project during their training. Also the sculptures on the front lawn. For the two larger teams (Rainbows and Ladders) with five juniors and three seniors, the teams are split into two hemi-teams for family-centered rounds. Fax: (914) 594-2111. Work and live in NYC or Westchester, the epicenter of the arts with some of the best public and private schools in the country . Accomplishments:Black Belt in Gumdo Favorite thing about the Program/MFCH:All of the residents got along so well with each other; it was such a warm environment full of teamwork and camaraderie! Hobbies:All things mystery! We hope the information located here will further your interest in our program by conveying its many strengths. Hometown:Berkeley, CA Rachel Ronau, DO Favorite thing about the program/MFCH:The people! Favorite thing about the program/MFCH:The people and the pathologies! Career Goals:Probably a fellowship, but I'm not sure what yet! Diversity and Inclusion | New York Medical College Fun Fact/Accomplishments: Builds computers for fun, is an expert at getting MRIs to happen for his patients, and graduated medical school in the best shape of his life! First year residents spend four weeks in the nursery at Maria Fareri Children's Hospital, taking care of healthy newborns, giving anticipatory guidance, and guiding parents after the birth of their child. Assistant Program Director. My CHOICE:Started by our residents in 2017, My CHOICE is an elementary school-based program with the goal of educating students on the importance of making good decisions about healthy food. This year, these get-togethers will occur virtually over Zoom. ET (noon conference) and 1:00-1:30 ET (clinic conference) to get a glimpse of our daily education and resident life! Westchester Medical Center Valhalla Campus, the flagship of the Westchester Medical Center Health Network is the premier provider of advanced medical care and it is the only designated Level I Trauma center serving the entire Hudson Valley region. Fun Fact:I'm in the process of teaching myself the latest pop hits on my niece's Fisher Price Xylophone. Career Goals:Emergency Pediatrics or General Pediatrics Summary: Westchester Medical Center Health Network and New York Medical College are seeking a mid-career radiation oncologist to lead implementation and growth of new clinical and research programs. Started the White Coats for Black Lives chapter at MFCH/WMC and presented during a moderated poster session at the American Academy of Cardiology in medical school. Medical School:New York Medical College They are real sisters and I have had them since my friend found them outside when they were 6 weeks old. Fun Fact:I saw the peak of Mount Everest! Hobbies:Yoga, hiking, trying new restaurants, dancing, making playlists Accomplishments:I helped implement a clinic-based program linking eligible immigrant families to pro-bono legal services to help increase their access to healthcare services I rotated at MFCH as a family medicine resident, and fell completely in love with the hospital and the program, and went through the Match again so I could join. Hometown:Queens, NY Many graduates from the Levine Children's Hospital at Atrium Health's Carolinas Medical Center (CMC) residency program continue their education by pursuing fellowships in the pediatric subspecialties. Sechenov Moscow Medical Academy Dr. Mian received his residency training in both Surgery and Urology at the Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Virginia. I drove my first car from Texas to New Jersey with just a learner's permit. Call for Appointments: 914.493.7667. Medical School:Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Favorite thing about the Program/MFCH:My favorite thing about Maria Fareri on interview day was traveling through the history of the hospital and feeling like I was part of something more than just healing people, but a child's fantastical vision to heal all children everywhere. Also, there's no such thing as "zebra" diagnoses at MFCH. Career Goals:General pediatrics, most likely Brian Gu, MD We take a holistic approach to application review and have no specific cutoffs. Emergency Medicine Residency | Garnet Health Hometown:Dix Hills, NY Our program is committed to resident education with protected educational time for daily morning report, noon time core conference and weekly resident-led continuity clinic conference. Accomplishment: In 2015, I organized a glow in the dark 5K run and concert on Monmouth University campus for over 3,000 people, including children with special needs, with awareness and proceeds benefiting a local community organization called The Special Children's Center. Hometown:Lares, Puerto Rico Residency Program Coordinator. New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine, I am part of the Gold Humanism Honor Society, Hiking, traveling, plants, dancing, cooking. Raised money for charities to help children with these events. Medical School:Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine I feel like I will have no problem achieving my goals in this program, as well as aiding others in achieving theirs. Quick access to New York City is only one of the benefits of living in Westchester County. I also love the wide variety of pathology we see in our hospital, and that I will feel confident leaving my training here with the knowledge I need to take care of patients on my own! Completion of the supplemental ERAS application is optional. Hometown:North Salem, NY All PL2s have two and a half months as inpatient senior team leader (split among each of the three teams), plus 2 weeks of Quality Improvement, and one month each of NICU, ED, PICU, Community Pediatrics and Advocacy, and half a month at our on-campus Child Advocacy Center, the regional referral center for evaluation of non-accidental injuries and sexual trauma in children. PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program NYMC (NYMC) School of Medicine, through the Graduate Medical Education (GME) consortium, sponsors residency and fellowship programs in a variety of specialties and many subspecialties. Rouba Sayegh, MD Past electives have included ultrasound, transport, hospitalist, urgent care, and research. Our project was presented at the 2021 National Association of Community Health Centers Expo. Fun Fact:Mark Andrews is my Favorite Football Player - Go Ravens! The first thing I do whenever I move to a new place is look up the closest boba store and the surrounding food scene. Emphasis is placed on clinical diagnostic reasoning and decision making as we work through initial patient presentations while discussing differential diagnosis. Accomplishments:Best aunt to three cuties. I would also love to be more involved with advocating for my community. I have two fluffy cats named Clark and Curby! . To provide a venue for discussion and social support surrounding issues pertaining to diversity and inclusion. Career Goals:In-Hospital Care (whether as a hospitalist or otherwise) Residents rotate in our 60-bed Level IV NICU yearly, starting in the first year, where they care for neonates with a wide variety of conditions. We are proud of our residents success in obtaining competitive fellowship positions in the fields of their choice. Pediatric Hematology / Oncology Victoria (Tori) Close, MD There is no cost to applicants and participation is optional. I spend a TON of time hanging out with my grade school age nephews. I also helped run a summer camp called Camp Cardiac to teach high school students about science/medicine/cardiology. Long distance running, I have run marathons in three different countries. I'm a fan of all things RuPaul's Drag Race. Leonard J. Newman, M.D. WMCHealth employs more than 12,000 people and has nearly 3,000 attending physicians. Career Goals:To be a great pediatrician! . Adult Psychiatry. Ariella Kashi, MD Laura Prunty, DO 7 a.m. - 8 a.m.: Morning signout Hometown:Decatur, AL I am considering a career in either Pediatric Emergency Medicine or General Pediatrics! I also helped write science content for a number of science-themed board games and helped edit some science-themed childrens books. Hands down, it was the interview day where I smiled the most and felt the most "at home." Interviews will be offered throughout the season on a rolling basis on Tuesdays and Thursdays, October through February, and interviews will be sent throughout the season as new slots open up. Medical School:Meharry Medical College School of Medicine Fun Fact:Have had three bear encounters in the wild Home; WMCHealth Network. I was drawn to pediatrics as a career because of the amazing clinical and ancillary teams that I got to work with at MFCH during my medical school rotations. Taya Carpenter, DO The awesome people I get to work withand the cool fire truck INSIDE the hospital! Stefanie Kagan, DO The Pediatric Residency Program at Maimonides Medical Center offers an outstanding faculty under the leadership of the Chair of Pediatrics Jeffrey Avner and Program Director Ingrid Walker-Descartes MD, MPH. Steven (Shloimy) Gold, MD Favorite thing about the program/MFCH:Supportive faculty and vibrant camaraderie amongst the residents. From the beautiful facilities, child-friendly design, and resident camaraderie to opportunities for advocacy and community outreach with a diverse patient population - I'm so happy to be a part of the MFCH family with my great co-residents! And I have a pet shrimp named Shrimpy! Accomplishments:I cooked meals using just a hot plate for the first month of intern year! Eliana Segal, MD I'm a fan of all things RuPaul's Drag Race. Dan Brady, DO Undecided, going into residency with an open mind! It offers an active nightlife, fine dining, performance arts, great living accommodations, and many shopping centers. Very friendly atmosphere, the giant chess set, Universitt Witten/Herdecke Fakultt fr Gesundheit. I was a university professor, academic advisor, and intern at the NYC Office of the Chief Medical Examiner prior to medical school. Before COVID, residents got together for monthly activities such as hiking, going to the beach, going to the park, and getting dinner. I love the people here! Westchester Medical Center Neurohospitalist Job in Valhalla, NY | Glassdoor Accomplishments:Raised over $250,000 with my hockey team to help pay for kids cancer treatments! Fun Fact:I had a new baby, two weeks after Match Day Favorite thing about the program/MFCH:MFCH was my very last interview of the virtual season. Fellowship. Each rotation block consists of a four-week rotation. Residency Programs - Albany Medical College Accomplishments:I learned Spanish while studying medicine in Puerto Rico! Favorite thing about the program/MFCH:My favorite thing about the program is the people. Lebanese University Faculty of Medical Sciences. Fun Fact:I am Canadian! Medical School:University of Maryland School of Medicine Maria Fareri's felt like home on interview day. The supplemental ERAS application is designed to help applicants share more information about themselves and assist our program in finding applicants that fit our programs setting and mission. Were given the space and support to be ourselves and grow in our own way. We review all applicants from a holistic standpoint, taking into account their overall diversity, skills, and experience. Plus, kids are hands-down better than adults! Love that the hospital is very oriented towards kids, including the fire truck, the fish tank, and the baseball hall! Diversity Committee:The diversity committee organizes resident-led initiatives to bring awareness of, encourage diversity in, and provide a safe space for issues that affect our community. Medical School: Universitt Witten/Herdecke Fakultt fr Gesundheit Medical School:A.T. The hospital caters to such a large scope of patients that you get to see a lot of interesting and sometimes unexpected diagnoses! Career Goals:To be an awesome Pediatrician to many wonderful kiddos- in what subspecialty to be decided! Also, the hospital looks like a real life toy house! Shanel Mehta, DO Fun Fact/Accomplishments: Was born in Medellin, Columbia and was ranked #8 in Ireland in Womens Foil Fencing during her final year of medical school! Accomplishments:I'm a black belt in karate. Medical School:New York Medical College Looking for something challenging and pathophysiology focused. Our program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. From the beginning at orientation to the final days at the graduation dinner, we truly become a family. Favorite thing about the program/MFCH:The residents! Everyone here is so supportive of one another and sincerely cares about your well-being and career goals. Medical School: Ponce School of Medicine and Health Sciences Sonam Kapoor, DO Our dedicated pediatric emergency department is a level 1 pediatric trauma center staffed and supervised by board-certified pediatric emergency medicine (PEM) attendings with 24/7 coverage.