Solves the problem that these T-cases have with vaporizing the ATF and expelling it from the vent hose. If you have a torque wrench you can torque it to 15 ft-lbs.. Different oils offer different driving capabilities, so its essential to match your oil with the vehicles performance capabilities. Transmission: 5-speed transmission without low gear (MG5), Front axle drive shaft spline or one-piece drive shaft spline (two-wheel drive with automatic transmission), Outer tailgate handle pivot points, hinges, latch bolt and linkage. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. You shouldn't try and see how long you can go without changing your oil or replacing your fuel filters. I know the front is 2 qts, but 4.4 pints is only a little over 2 qts, which is almost half of the 4 qts that gmclbz is saying. You can also go ahead and apply the white Loctite to the old drain plug as well if you are reusing it and then allow the Loctite to dry. An 8.6 inch rear differential is equipped with 4.2 pints and the Silverado's 9.5 inch rear, useS5.5 pints. When your vehicle performs heavy-duty functions, its putting even more stress on the oil, and your oil needs to continue to flow to lubricate the different engine components. car These characteristics have changed over the years, making oil choice important to your engines age. (lbs), Compare 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Different Trims . I want to say mine was "low" by my standards when I brought it homeit was around a 1/2 inch (or more) below the fill hole. 2023 Vehicle History Inc. All Rights Reserved. Costs average $243-$300 in parts and professional labor. BLUE DIAMOND PAO OIL 15W40 BLUE DIAMOND PAO OIL 5W40 GREEN DIAMOND FLEET OIL 15W40 GREEN DIAMOND FLEET OIL 5W40. just fill it till it oozes out the upper top fill hole, remove oil container nipple & plug. To rub some more salt in the wound it's not a Dana axle, it's AAM 11.5". Severe conditions include the following: ** If operated under one or more of the following conditions, perform theseprocedures at half the recommended interval. If you have questions, give our team a call at 800-341-6516. GM recommends a 15W-40 viscosity grade engine oil in all instances that the ambient temperature remains greater than 0 F. If the ambient temperature is below 0 F, a 5W-40 engine oil is required to maximize protection during cold starts and the engine warm-up period. Do you no the ring gear for my truck. The 06 2500HD was available with a 11.5 RG rear differential, a 9.25 RG rear differential, a 9.75 RG rear differential, a 10.5 RG rear differential, a 9.5 RG rear differential, or an 8.6 RG rear differential. 2000 GMC YUKON SLT, 5.3L tow pkg, G80 rear/w 3.73 gear. Let the truck cool off completely first; you don't want to burn yourself on hot fluid. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Stiction Eliminator removes the stiction to help reduce the turbos spool time and build RPM boosts more quickly. Trans Mfr CD 1000/MW7 and 1000/M74 Most of these recommended routine maintenance tasks you can do yourself at home for practically no money, as long as you have a few simple tools and the time to invest. Changing the air filter on a 2014 Chevy 2500 with a 6.6L LML Duramax with Frantz oil bypass filter system. 4-Ball Load Wear Test (ASTMD-2783). I'm thinking they probably fill them by volume (automated, so to speak), and not by levelI fill this one to where the fluid runs out the fill hole. My owners manual does not tell capacity. Please contact your local dealer for latest info. The Questions and Answers on this page are the statements and opinions of their respective authors and not VehicleHistory.com. If you plan to tow at all go with the 140w lube. I have a 2008 2500hd duramax I'm looking to make it posi. '98 Jeep XJ. The amount of fluid that I removed was ~2.25 quarts, and the fluid I put back in was ~3.25 quarts. When adding, be sure to fill to the approximate level. The following intervals are based on the assumption that you will be doing the service work yourself, as opposed to paying to have the work done. The American Petroleum Institute (API) hasa descriptive chartyou can use to identify the right diesel engine oil for your truck based on the year and other factors. Driven Racing Oil Limited Slip Differential Fluid Additive (50054) 0. I run 75-140 Synthetic in both front and rear. 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 GM (Chevy and GMC) trucks. Apply the white Loctite to the fill plug. If it does by chance, lesson learned. Modern vehicles need much less maintenance than the vehicles of 25 years ago, but they still need fluid changes, inspections,and adjustments. I wonder why the difference? Like the drain plug, this only needs to be hand-tightened. AAM 11.5 w/ 3.73's and a G80 locker all come standard on a Duramax. Yes, the venting would prevent pressure buildup. You may have replaced your oil, but your engine still isnt quite right. To determine what kind and how much you need, you can either refer to your owner's manual, call your local dealership, or visit your local auto parts store as they can normally look it up as well. It's all may be done by yourself in a mater of a couple of hours. The more you can do on the outside the more comfortable you'll be while doing it. Before doing any DIY service please check your insurance policy and Chevrolet warranty policy for your region. This article applies to the 4WD Chevrolet Silverado GMT800 (1999-2006). We research hundreds of models each 2007.5 White 3500 6.7CTD 265,00KM 68RSE Auto 3.73, , EGR + Cooler /DPF Deletes , Smarty S67ME level #9 , Amsoil 15W40 , Amsoil BMK21 bypass filter , Rinoliner , Isspro guages - pillar mount 3 - console mount 2 - overhead mount 4 , Progate Exhaust wastegate , Flowpro dual exhaust , Flowpro Twister muffler , Mag-Hytec Diff covers F & R , Amsoil 75-110 Diff Oil , Mag-Hytec tranny pan , Firestone airbags , S & B Air filter system , Roda Deaco PAS , MHP Stage ll tranny tune , Fass 150 puel pump system , Industrial injections twin compounds , ARP Head studs , Spyntech hub kit, http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/6-7-liter-general-discussion/334512-best-75w90-gear-oil-amsoil-redline-royal-purple.html. does not research or authenticate any of the Answers provided. Most motor oils are made up of a blend of additives designed to improve performance in some capacity. Currently running RGT 5w30 in the engine, will be switching to . So the question is What is the fluid capacity of the rear differential? Compare 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD different trims: 2WD Crew Cab 153" LT w/1LT If your 4WD selector light switches on automatically without your control, read more to learn how you can resolve the issue without visiting your mechanic. What year is your dually and is it the HD model? Think about the differences between a personal truck and a heavy-duty utility truck. The AAM axles are full when they're 1/2" from the fill hole, there should be a fill level line on the rear diff cover even. Safety Features. You no longer need to do a tune-up every six monthsor change the oil every three months, but regular service and check-ups are still essential to your vehicles longevity. Mt. Could be as simple as the position of the asymmetrical center sectionturn it one way and it will displace more volume than if its turned 90*. STL, MO. Get your hand pump and fluid ready to go back under the truck. If your running MAG-HYTEC trans pans its brings the total capacity to 10 1/2 qts, the Allison deep pan brings the total to about 10 qts and the rear diff . On top of engine age and performance needs, its essential to use the right oil for your engine power. Specs & Features Used 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Specs & Features More about the 2008 Silverado 2500HD Buy In-Store Buy Online See Edmunds pricing data Has Your Car's Value Changed?. Use Shift Restore as a preventative maintenance product or to solve existing issues with the transmission. If you didn't purchase a new drain plug, use the time while the fluid is draining to clean any metal shavings off the old one. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Joined Apr 14, 2008 . Once fluid starts coming out, give it one more slow pump. . C), you should use SAE 5W-40 to improve cold starting. However, one area that can be easily forgotten about when servicing this vehicle is the rear differential. Greasing front end on a 2014 Chevy 2500 with a 6.6L LML Duramax with How to Service a Transmission on a 2014 Chevy 2500 6.6L LML Duramax. We give you service schedules for normal and severe use, fluid capacities, and a complete list of recommended filters, engine oils, and fluids to use. Get something good. Wheelers fill them up really high all the time. A forum community dedicated to all General Motors truck owners and enthusiasts. They take the standard 80-90 gear lube usually. My cover had the paint burnt off after only a few tows. If your oil tends to create soot and other types of buildup, you may need to change the oil more often than recommended. I fill em with 75x140 amsoil in the rear and 75x90 in the front. $29.30. Dodges use Dana rear ends and front ends. This site is intended for reference only. 2001 to 2007 model year engines require a CI-4 or CH-4 engine oil, while later 2007.5 and newer engines require a CJ-4 or CK-4 engine oil. When it is very cold, below 0 Deg. New Venture 236 NP8, New Venture 246-NP8, 50/50 mixture of DEX-COOL coolant and demineralized water. Whetheryoure looking for a solution for existing stictionorneed apreventative,ourStiction Eliminatorwill clear your engine and keep it clean. ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck's reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more. It needs to lubricate the clutches, gears, and bearings in the rear end. I put fluid in until it ran out the fill plug. You can use our engine oils in conjunction with our other products likeStiction EliminatorandDiesel Extremeto offer the highest level of performance all year. '07 Dodge 2500 QC SLT TRX4 Offroad 4x4 SB 6.7 Auto full deletes XRT Pro Pusher Intake Manifold & tube S&B with scoop my DD. These are our recommended minimum maintenance intervals for vehicles that are driven daily, and in many cases are shorter than the factorys recommendations. If you have any further interest please visit http://www.2carpros.com Shop the 2CarPros store This Is. This resistance to flow ratio is called viscosity. does not research or authenticate any of the Answers provided. Changing the engine oil and filter on a 2014 Chevy 2500 with a 6.6L How to Check Fluid Levels on a Chevy 6.6L Duramax. I allways fill them til they drip out, never had a prob. This is a 2000 yukon with 80,000 miles that i have had for about four months. These AAM axles aren't like the Dana axles used in previous years or in Jeeps where the full line is the fill plug opening. Greetings, I have lurked these pages for a long time, but don't post much. Engine: 6.0L V8 Gas. It might be even fun and a good thing to do with your kids on a weekend to teach them how basic machinery works. What is the fluid capacity of the rear differential? In this video we show how to service the rear differential fluid on a Chevrolet 2500HD. $117.23. Many people debate whether synthetic or non-synthetic oils are the way to go, when it really comes down to additives. Come join the discussion about performance, lift kits, wheels, tires, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! Changed the fluid in the rear differential. With all the different types of additives out there, you want to understand your priorities before making a decision. Tag on the differential suggest a level to maintain- 15 to 40 mm below fill hole (not real easy to determine). The driveshaft going towards the rear of the truck powers the rear axle, and the driveshaft going to the front powers the front axle. What follows is our quick reference guide for the 1999-2006 Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierrapickup trucks (and 2007 Silverado/Sierra Classic), plus Avalanche, Tahoe, Suburban, and Yukon SUVs, taken directly from Haynes manual 24066. Keep in mind that all information here is provided as is without any warranty of any kind. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Changing engine oil, brake fluid, ATF, replacing brake pads, and etc. year to help you gain confidence about one of your largest purchase decisions. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Theparticleschemically bondonthe surface, increasing lubrication and strength. Here's a link to a thread I started recently on gear oil. The components in the FR3 friction reducer help extend youroils stability,performance,film strength and, most importantly,friction reduction. When the vehicle is new, follow the maintenance schedule to the letter, record it in your owners manual and keep all receipts to protect the warranty and resale value. Changed the fluid in the rear differential. I put about 3.5 qts. 75W90 for front and rear. Trucks use a Locking rear differential which completely locks up when one wheel spins more than 100rpm more than the other and will remain locked until about 25 mph. SOLD: 2010 2500 Mega 4x4 SLT, 68rfe, 35x12.50x18 Toyo OC M/Ts. Do you have some data, service manual, bulletin or just found a mistake? I'm just trying to find what a good amount would be to stick in a dually rear end. . Changing the rear differential oil on a 2014 Chevy 2500 with a 6.6L LML Duramax. Are you referring to people that specifically off-road Rams with the AAM axles or just in general? The front I'm pretty sure is a 8.25" differential. We research hundreds of models each Come join the discussion about reviews, drivetrain swaps, turbos, modifications, classifieds, builds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! If the fluid goes bad or gets low, it can't do its job as well which can lead to damaging the gears inside the transfer case. If your product doesnt deliver the way we promise it will, well give you your money back. 10W-30 engine oil is listed in the 2001 to 2007 Duramax diesel manual, it comes with no recommendations; it is acceptable, but not preferred in any instance. FR3 can reduce wear rates by 43%. . LT. $33,180. AAM and the Dodge service manual call for synthetic 75w90. You should schedule service for a gear oil change every 30,000-60,000 miles in the Silverado. Changing the engine oil and filter on a 2014 Chevy 2500 with a 6.6L LML Duramax with Frantz oil bypass filter system. '13 Jeep GC Laredo my wife's DD. MAG-HYTEC covers and pans set your vehicle apart in both aesthetics and function - cast in A356-T6 aerospace quality aluminum and texture powder coated black with matching cooling fins. The transfer case functions by taking the output from the transmission and splitting that power into two driveshafts. 46 people found this helpful. in cold weather fill to 1/2in below the fill hole. In many cases the initial maintenance check is done by the dealer at no cost (check with the service department when you buy the truck for more information). This article applies to the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 (2014-present). (lbs), Wt Distributing Hitch - Max Trailer Wt. Be prepared as the fluid will rush out quickly. PROS: It conforms to the latest standards of resource-saving oils according to API, ACEA, and ILSAC classifications. Your 2006 can use syn in the front since they fixed the problem with the vent in 2004. Just drain the fluid out and then use a suction device to put fluid in the fill hole. I wanted to change my oil in minebut idk the ring gear and didnt wanna tear her apart n be screwed if i aint got the right amount, A quick reminder when you fill your diff, front or rear, back up make sure the vehicle is, [SIGPIC]"If it ain't one thing, it's a mother******g nother"[/SIGPIC], I bent a piece of wire at right angle and made one end 30 mm long and marked it at 5 mm increments and made the other end about four inches long so as not to accidently lose it into the hole.