The accountant is responsible to perform various monthly recurring tasks and analyses. The position will support AP, AR, and Payroll in a backup capacity and will receive cross-training in all areas. This role will assist with the monthly reconciliation of all Balance Sheet accounts and the analysis of P&L activity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Responsibilities/Duties/Skills Include:
- Backup to payroll biweekly administration
- Preparation of month end closing journal entries
- Reconciliation of all Balance Sheet accounts
- Bank reconciliations
- Daily input of miscellaneous bank transactions and cleared checks
- Administration of fixed asset register
- Audit support during annual audits
- Periodic review of AP and AR agings for validity
- Maintain prepaid assets and associated amortizations
- Cross-train in AP invoice matching and posting
- Cross-train in AP check runs
- Cross-train in AR invoice generation
- Ad Hock Analysis as required
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Familiarity with monthly accounting entries
- Comfort performing analysis in Excel
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to analyze, interpret or make deductions from varying facts or circumstances
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to use personal judgment and discretion frequently on the job
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required (advanced knowledge with prolonged specialized training)
- Five years of must require advanced knowledge of accounting and experience as Staff Accountant; preferably in manufacturing industry
- SYSPRO experience a plus but not required
- ADP experience is required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- SYSPRO a plus
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manufacturing. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company’s discretion. Nothing in this position description changes or is intended to change the employment at-will relationship with the Company. Employment at-will means that an employee or the Company may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason or no reason at all, with or without notice.