Senior IT Engineer, Network and Systems is responsible to manage ZPower’s Information System
Network, Servers, End-User Support and System Security. This position will be responsible to lead
projects and manage resources, internal and/or external. permanent and vendor to meet required
service levels. This position reports to the Chief Information Officer (CIO).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyzes users’ needs. Recommends appropriate IT system configurations to meet users’ need and departmental standards infrastructure, security and operations standards.
- Analyzes, recommends, and evaluates new hardware, software, and communications products for network compatibility and applicability.
- Plan, coordinate, oversee, implement, troubleshoot, and administer complex network administration and projects involving research, installation, configuration, and maintenance of all network hardware and software (VMWare, Storage Area Network, LAN, and WAN environments)
- Troubleshoot, maintain and deploy network-based solutions such as web filters, IPS/IDS, firewalls, VPN, Intune and related technologies.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Develops, maintains and updates a library of technical documentation.
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to users and management
- Install and maintain network hardware and software.
- Implements and maintains servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls,phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Analyze and isolate issues.
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
- Evaluate and modify system’s performance.
- Determine network and system requirements.
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Analyzes, recommends, and evaluates network connectivity throughout a company’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
- Design, deploy and manage networks.
- Perform network address assignment. Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration.
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers
- Maintain network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, intrusion detection system
- Set up user accounts and passwords
- Monitor network usage and security.
- Manage email, spam, and virus protection.
- Ensure networks are running smoothly.
- Troubleshoot and restore systems after crashes.
- Retrieve forgotten passwords.
- Undertake routine preventative measures and implement, maintain and monitor network security.
- Willingness to work off business hours and/or weekends.
- Provide end-user support and supervise help desk technician.
- Ensure systems comply with industry standards.
- Support administration of servers and server clusters.
- Manage cloud-based system back up.
- Assumes contractual management responsibilities, assists in requests for proposals, vendor selection, and contract monitoring. Project Management experience to plan and execute projects with internal and external resources including vendor management.
- Provide user and manufacturing/production line support.
- Order parts and equipment create requisition and manage installation.
- Keeps current on new developments and techniques in information technology.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Analytical. Communication proficiency. Technical capacity. Customer/client focus. Flexibility. Teamwork orientation. Project management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Microsoft Windows 2008 R2/2012 server, Active Directory, VMWare
- Office 365 and Azure ADD
- Experience managing hybrid infrastructure, on-premise and cloud. Experience with Azure and/or AWS
- Knowledge of Symantec Backup Exec; Tape/Disk Backups
- Windows XP/7/8/8.1 Machines
- Experience with managing WSUS (Windows Server Update Services)
- Communication skills, written and oral
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills to interact with a wide range of users having different levels of computer expertise
- Ability to design workable solutions to problems in a timely manner
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Highly skilled and proficient in practical application of exceedingly specialized computer systems analysis, programming, and software engineering
- Medical Devices/Healthcare Industry Experience a plus
- Project Management experience to plan and execute projects with internal and external resources including vendor management
- Bachelor Degree required in IT or a combination of equivalent work experience
- 5 + years of IT Network Administrator Experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- MCSE Certification preferred
- CCNA Certification preferred
- A+ Certification preferred
- Additional technical certifications and/or technical training in personal computer hardware
and/or software, servers, local and wide area networks, and/or communications highly desirable.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- This job operates in a manufacturing and office environment.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company’s discretion. Nothing in this position description changes or is intended to change the employment at-will relationship with the Company. Employment at-will means that an employee or the Company may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason or no reason at all, with or without notice.