Responsible for reviewing and maintaining the required supply of material to support on time
customer and organization requirements. This position will be responsible for procuring production
and non-production material. The Buyer/Planner will need to accurately communicate with suppliers
and internal stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Responsibilities/Duties/Skills Include:
- Analyze MRP output and manage, plan, and release purchase orders as required.
- Manage sub-contract orders.
- Analyze supplier delivery schedules and priorities.
- Manage supplier delivery schedules expediting and de-expediting as needed.
- Analyze supplier capacity.
- Analyze and maintain planning parameters such as lead times, and lot sizes.
- Perform What If analysis and make recommendations on schedule changes based on supply availability.
- Suggest and review supplier capabilities and executes NDA’s as required.
- Formulates Request for quotes.
- Analyzes pricing from suppliers, making recommendation for cost reduction.
- Develop and execute strategies for negotiating terms.
- Monitor inventory levels in alignment with company goals.
- Manage KPI’s related to supplier performance.
- Status supply schedules and communicate to appropriate stakeholders.
- Production Planning responsibilities that include creating and scheduling jobs for production based on MRP requirements. Ensure jobs are completed to plan and manage communication around the status of jobs.
- Quote delivery schedule for Sales Orders
- Ensure that sales orders are shipping on time to the plan
- Ensure all materials are available for Production jobs.
- Monitor Production capacity based on job schedule.
- Review MRB and ensure timely disposition of materials.
- Maintain Item Master and BOM’s in Syspro
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Supply Planning using MRP.
- Accuracy, time management, teamwork
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Strong understanding of MRP.
- Highly organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Consistent attendance
- Able to work independently and ability to resolve interpersonal conflicts
- Exhibit professionalism
- Goal oriented with the ability to meet firm deadlines
- Support the ZPower vision
- Positive attitude
- Solutions and results oriented
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Supply Chain Management or similar discipline.
- 5-7 years of procurement or supply chain experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Computer expertise in MS Office, Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, and Excel.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Access is a plus.
- Syspro Experience a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- APICS or CPSM/CPM certification preferred.
- The employee must regularly bend, twist and move objects and lift and/or move under 50 lbs.
and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands
to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is
occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manufacturing. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for
this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company’s discretion. Nothing in this position description changes or is intended to change the employment at- will relationship with the Company. Employment at-will means that an employee or the Company may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason or no reason at all, with or without notice.